c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Well-behaved boys and Ice Cream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, October 26, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Monday’s issue is the worst issue you could miss.” My mom said as
we were out to dinner tonight. “I’ve already waited 3 days for an
issue, and you skip a Monday?”

Ok, ok, mom. You’re right.

But to my defense, my childhood friend was in town from Chicago,
and my sweet wife and I had dinner with him last night. We had dinner with him and the entire family again tonight. Last night it got kinda late when I got home, so I figured I should get some sleep.

Not only was my childhood friend from Chicago in town, but (don’t quote me on this) my mom’s 2nd cousin’s aunt on the ‘other’ side of the family was also here doing genealogy work. We’ve never met her before, but I think she would be in my grandparents generation.

Because it was my sister’s birthday, we decided to all go out to eat. I wasn’t sure how my mom’s cousin’s aunt would react to 4 little boys running around, so I primed her a little, “Now, they might be a little rambunctious” I said. I may have exaggerated a bit. Because when I took he back to her hotel, she said, “You have a lovely family.” And they were all very well behaved.

Cool! Payday compliment!

Anyway, of course something funny happened at dinner. (Something funny always happens at dinner if you look for it.) We all got a scoop of ice cream included with our dinners. Son #4 was eating his and got his left sleeve full of ice cream. While my sweet wife was wiping it off, she said, “Oh, son #4, how did you ever get so much ice cream on your sleeve?”

In all seriousness he said, “Like this mamma!”

And he plopped his right elbow in his ice cream dish.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Here’s a little funny...

Kerry’s hometown paper endorses Bush
http://www.iconoclast-texas.com/Columns/Editorial/editorial39.htm

Bush’s hometown paper endorses Kerry
http://news.bostonherald.com/opinion/view.bg?articleid=49902

I think it’s going to be a long first week or two in November.

p.p.s. Remember, to read ‘just the stories’ go to http://martysjotd.blogspot.com

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

WELL we did it Houston is dust
A Cardinal fan Delores from ST LOUIS

[Yea, but now you’re down 2 games to none. Get your guys going!]

=-=-=-

Here's a painting of Son #4 that my sweet wife did. "Now, show me your angry
face..." he's good at that face

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home