c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Violas and Guns



Happy Halloween!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, October 28, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was son #2’s Halloween orchestra concert at school. They
were actually pretty good for elementary school kids. I almost
recognized one of the songs. (Just kidding)

Later, the whole school had a Halloween parade, where all of the
kids dressed up and paraded through rows of parents with cameras. I
had to leave for work, but my sweet wife went back to see son #2
and #3. (Gandolf the White, and Death)

While she was home, she asked son #4 if he wanted to dress up in
his costume (A cowboy) to go see the parade. He said, “YES!” and
ran to get all of his stuff, including his orange 6-shooters. When
my sweet wife told him, “You can dress up, but they don’t allow any
kind of guns at school, so you can’t bring them” He got pretty mad
and said, “No momma! I want my guns!”

After several minutes of negotiations, son #4 decided that going as
a cowboy without his guns just wasn’t the same, so he didn’t dress
up.

I guess rules are rules, even if... well, never mind.

Have a great weekend and...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Remember, to read ‘just the stories’ go to http://martysjotd.blogspot.com

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

[Hey, I put a picture of a painting that my sweet wife did of son
#4 on http://martysjotd.blogspot.com yesterday. It's cool looking!]

Marty - Where is it? All I could find was a family photo... (BTW
yours is a handsome family - but that's no surprise. Your stories
make it clear that you are exceptional - your kids are lucky to
have such caring, involved parents...)

[It’s there; you just have to scroll down further than you did.]

I can't resist a challenge like that, Jill H. When Marty was about
2nd grade, he and his best friend Mikey got into all kinds of
trouble... and the teacher reacted in a way that was typical for
that school district. She put the two of them in the back of the
room together so that they wouldn't bother the other kids. Needless
to say, we moved into another school district as soon as
possible. At the first parent-teacher conference, I asked if he had
been any trouble. The teacher sang his praises to high heaven and
we never again had any complaints. Of course, even in high school,
when I asked about his progress in class the teachers ALWAYS said
that they loved having him in class. "But how is his work?" "He is
so much fun to have in class!!" I never could get an answer to my
question, but he's still a lot of fun.
~Marty’s #1 Mom

[Well, it got me mostly A’s in class. That’s what counts, right?
Why, even my speling(!) teacher gave me straight A’s!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home