c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Terminology - Voting - and Painting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, November 01, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had another successful Halloween night. Son #2 decided to go
with some friends instead of the family. After he finished, he
called for a ride and said, “Mom, we weighed my candy, and I got 7
1/2 pounds!” Boy, what a haul! But when he got home, the other boys
had just as much. We really had some really bouncy boys for church
on Sunday!

I think I forgot to tell you what son #1 went as. He’s got some
really creative ideas. Two years ago he dressed up like a fluffy
little bunny, then put tire-tracks on his chest and went as road
kill. This year, he took sponges and pinned them all over his shirt
and wrote “Self Absorbed” on the front of his shirt. Yup, he got
that one right!

Tomorrow is the big test at work on the 350 medical terminology
words I’ve been studying. So tonight for family night we went out
to dinner, and on the way back I started spraying words out so I
could remember them.

”brady is slow”
“lal is speech”
“encephil is brain”
“megal” is enlarged
“ptosis is falling”
“melan” is black
“glosso” is tongue
“algia” pain

So the boys started making words up again. Dad, I have a
‘melanglosso’ (black tongue) or ‘bradyencephil’ (slow brain). Then
son #2 said, ‘megalencephilptosis’ (My large brain is falling, out
of my ear!)... It was just goofy. The more words I spit out, the
funnier things got. Then son #3 wanted us to stop because he had
encephilalgia (headache), so we toned it down a little, but it was
fun.

Hey, don’t forget to vote tomorrow. (Unless you’re voting for the
wrong guy, then you need to vote on Wednesday.)

I don’t think I’ll be doing a JOTD issue tomorrow. After I rush
home from work and vote (hopefully I won’t have to wait in line) my
sweet wife and I are running downtown to one of the campaign
headquarters and making a bunch of ‘get out and vote’ phone calls.
Then it’s downtown for a big political party. The guy we’re calling
for is running for congress and is 10 points behind, so I’m sure
we’ll be leaving soon after the concession speech. But, free food!

And, my sweet wife made me promise to tell you about her latest
creation that’s up for bid on eBay. She’s painted a really cool
painting titled “Winners Never Quit” about the tortes and the hare.
It’s really cool, and it’s at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3758488420

Shh... if you mention the Joke of the Day, I’ll give you 10% off of
the selling price. (But don’t tell my sweet wife!)

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Remember, to read ‘just the stories’ go to http://martysjotd.blogspot.com

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty's mom,
will you share with us the story about Marty, and his sister in the
back yard when she got mad at him and threw rocks down his pants?
~Jill M.

[Oh, she probably won’t. That’s kind of a ...rocky... story.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home