c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Horses'n Politics

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I opened my email this morning, I got quite a surprise. There was ‘Tuesdays’ issue from Marty’s Joke of the Day. “Oops!” I thought, I put the wrong day on Monday’s issue. What a pleasant surprise to see that Justin, our ‘Friday Fill-in Joke Master’ filled in for me without even being asked. Thank you Justin, you ~ARE~ da’man!

What a long 36 hours I’ve had. Going to work yesterday, yakking on the phone all day long, then volunteering to call voters last night to ‘get out the vote’. I had to stop after 3 hours because I was getting so horse. Then my sweet wife and I went to the big political ‘party’ downtown for a couple of hours to watch the bigwigs get interviewed and to throw around some balloons. I think my sweet wife and I were even on TV when our re-elected Senator was being interviewed. Oh boy. Big deal. Want my autograph?

Than we got to bed really late, had a restless night, and got up extra early because we couldn’t sleep. Watched the returns until it was time to go to work and Yak yak all day long on the phones. Then it was 2 hours of Wednesday night choral practice for our Christmas concert in 4 weeks.

It’s a good thing I’m typing tonight, and not talking. We’ll see if I can yak yak again for another 8 hours at work tomorrow.

Tonight at dinner, son #1 was talking about a new “girl” friend he met today, (She’s just a friend dad...) His friend was running for class office. I asked him if he was going to run for office. He thought for a second and said, “Yeah, maybe next year I will.” Then I said, “That’s how you get your start in politics.” He looked at me and said, “Oh, and then again, maybe I won’t.” I guess I forgot to tell him that I ran for a class office in High School and lost big time. My only other political aspiration was a one-year stint on a town council. Interesting work, but it was all too political.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Remember, to read ‘just the stories’ go to http://martysjotd.blogspot.com

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

[About Justin’s Halloween costume joke yesterday]
"But... you have a girl on your back," replies the host.
"Yeah, he says, "that's Michelle!"

am i the only one who didnt get the snail joke?guess iam just
tired, its been a long day
~Robert W.

[Yeah, the first time I heard it, it took me a second too. Michelle
= Me Shell. It’s a quick little thinker joke like this one...]

This goose walks into a bar and the bartender looks at him and
says, "Hey, buddy, your pants are down!"

Yuk yuk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home