c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Moon and Rain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, October 27, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight was a total eclipse of the moon. Last week I read about it
on the net, and sent a link to my sweet wife. I had choir practice
tonight just before it started, so I couldn’t see it, but my sweet
wife remembered. She got the kids all ready to go out and see it.
It’s getting cold here so she put on their jackets, explained what
an eclipse was, and headed out the front door. Only to get drenched
with rain. They couldn’t see a thing.

I guess it isn’t that bad because we’ve had a [* long period of
abnormally low rainfall] for the past 7 years, so rain is a good
thing!

[*Ok, last time I mentioned our ‘lack of rain’ problem in an issue,
I creatively came up with “draught” not “drought”. (British
draft/beer not lack of rainfall). I seem to remember you readers
having a good chuckle over that one, so I haven’t mentioned it
again. But the rains are here so I don’t have to worry any more
about spelling, right?]

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. If you’re a Scouter or Scout supporter, this is really sad...

The Death of Canadian Scouting
http://michnews.com/artman/publish/article_4691.shtml


p.p.s. Remember, to read ‘just the stories’ go to http://martysjotd.blogspot.com

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Now the Cardinals are down 3 - 0 [Now it’s 4-0] and I'm cheering
for the Red Sox cuz I used to live in Boston..... Actually it's a
good thing that the Cards beat the Astros, because I wouldn't have
known who to cheer for if it was Sox vs Astros!
~your favorite sister in Houston

[So my world traveling sister, who would you have cheered for if
the Astros and Sox were playing, ‘eh? Someday my grandchildren’s
children will see the Cubs in the World Series!]


Marty
hey! don't forget the best part of carving a pumpkin is.....
cleaning the 'guts', putting them on a baking sheet of some kind,
sprinkling them w/some salt & spices & whalaaaaa....a snack!
~Linda W.

Marty
you didn't send your mom mondays issue!!! that calls for another
story from your mom about your childhood!! get him mom!!!
crusify him!!
~Jill M.

[Actually, I didn’t send you and issue either. :-) But she wouldn’t
tell any stories about me. I was a perfect child]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home