c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Cheap Date - I love Subway

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, October 07, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frugality is my friend. I bought a coupon ‘card’ from one of the
local high school football players. It’s where you show the
merchant the card, get the offer, and then keep the card. One of
the offers is a buy-one get-one free Subway sandwich deal. With so
many points on your Subway card (Utah is a test state) you get free
food.

Tonight my sweet wife suggested we see a move and go somewhere
cheap for dinner. (My sweet wife is my friend too...)

We went to see I Robot at the dollar theater. (2½ out of 5 stars)
Snuck in popcorn, (See mom, I’m telling them how bad I am again)
got a free sandwich at Subway, plus brought home a 6” sandwich for
the kids to munch on.

Cheap date total? Seven bucks.

But the really important thing was my sweet wife and I actually got
to talk about anything we wanted without any of the boys yelling
for something!

And... Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home