c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Homework vs. Detective work

******************************************************************
Welcome to: Marty's Joke of the Day

If you'd like to receive daily emails from us,
send a blank email to martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or
visit us at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/martysjotd

******************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, September 30, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the 4th week of school for the boys, and Son #1 has been
doing pretty well in his new school. He’s been doing homework, and
even practicing his viola (which was unheard of in elementary
school). One class in particular, ‘Utah Studies’ really has a lot
of homework. When I say a lot of homework, I mean, a ~lot~ of
homework. From the very first day he’s had almost an hours worth of
homework from just her class. His other classes had homework, but
not near as much. He’s kept up pretty well though. But for the last
two days, he hasn’t come home with any homework from ‘Utah
Studies’. My sweet wife asked him, “Why don’t you have any homework
from there?”

“I dunno.”

My sweet wife dug a little deeper, like all good detectives. “Is
she a really young teacher?”

“I dunno, she’s just a teacher.”

She rephrased her question a little, “Has she ever taught school
before?”

“No mom, we’re her very first class, and this is her very first
year teaching.”

Bingo! My sweet wife is so smart.

My guess is one of the parents called and complained to the school.
Wasn’t me. Son #1 was keeping up, but just barely. But, then again,
he’s my son, so he’s a genius. Right?

And... Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Remember, to read ‘just the stories’ go to http://martysjotd.blogspot.com

=-=-=-

Reader Comment Section:

re; son #4 & the ups truck........do we see a potential upser in
the future??? hey, don't scoff at it, my ex has worked there for
30yrs, starting part-time in loading the big trucks, then into
delivery & finally driving the big rigs from indianapolis, in to
chicago or louisville, ky & making over $95,000. at this point.
~Linda W.

[Whoa! $95K Maybe I should send my kids to... ‘BROWN’ university
hehehe]


Maybe zippy is related to Bartleby of the Mighty Mississippi? I
just finished reading this book to my three boys. They seemed to
enjoy it. (Not quite as exciting as Harry Potter or Star Wars but
still good)
~Heather F.

[The only Bartleby I remember was Bartleby the Scribner by H.
Melville. I think I read it for school. Don’t remember the story,
just the title...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home