c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Ethical Shrimp

******************************************************************
Welcome to: Marty's Joke of the Day

If you'd like to receive daily emails from us,
send a blank email to martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or
visit us at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/martysjotd

******************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday, September 24, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you ever notice that moms are moms no matter how old you are? I
noticed again tonight. My sweet mom called me up at work today and
said, "Hey, how about I take you guys out to dinner tonight?"

Now, that's a pretty loaded question. I think we canceled 4 or 5
things tonight, including a funeral, two weddings, and a bar
mitzvah! (Ok, kidding) But of course, we're always willing to help
out when someone wants to take us to dinner.

She continued, "Son #3 told me that popcorn shrimp is his favorite.
So why don't we go to IHOP and their all-you-can-eat shrimp."

(Oh, like this is supposed to be a hard choice)

Anyway, after we all sat down at the restaurant and started
talking, my mom said, "Oh, so I see when there's a contest [50
medical terminology words] and I do really well, you don't have an
issue [on Thursday]"

"But mom, I told everyone I was going out to a play and was going
to do Thursday's issue on Friday."

With that mom's look, she said, "Oh, I see..."

"Ok mom, you'll be in Friday's issue."

She seemed happy with that, and besides, she was picking up the tab
for dinner, so a little suck up didn't hurt.

(And BTW, thank you very much mom!)

When we were looking at the menu, son #2 (and some of his brothers)
wanted the all-you-can-eat shrimp. I thought pork chops sounded
better, and I told son #2 "I'll just sneak a few of your shrimp."

"You can't do that. That's unethical." My mom said.

"But it's only a couple mom, and besides, they're charging him the
same as an adult."

"That doesn't matter. You'll have to tell everyone on the Joke of
the day that you stole some shrimp."

"Oh, C'mon... I'm not going to tell everyone in the world that I
ate some shrimp from my boys plate."

"Oh yes you will. You told everyone when you did good when you were
in Tahoe, you'll have to tell them about your shrimp stealing."

Ok, I guess you can guess who won that argument. I ate some shrimp.
But, he said he was full...

Anyway,

Enjoy today's Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________________
Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and
more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home