c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Yard Sale & "Look who I found on Saturday!"

******************************************************************
Welcome to: Marty's Joke of the Day

If you'd like to receive daily emails from us,
send a blank email to martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or
visit us at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/martysjotd

******************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Saturday we had a garage sale. It was a multi family event, and
we had a lot of family and neighbors bring stuff over. We put a
small ad in the paper, bought lots of pop to sell, and drug our
stuff out on the front lawn. We sold tons of stuff. Unfortunately,
most of it wasn’t ours. It seemed everyone else had cool stuff to
sell. We just had junk. It was good to see the neighbors get
together and yak a little though. One neighbor bought a bunch of
stuff from the other neighbor even before we started the sale! Now
we’ve got a bunch of pop in the refrigerator that we’re slowing
trying to get rid of. (With 4 little volunteers)

Anyway, at one point during the yard sale I was downstairs looking
something up on the computer. I heard the really strange noise at
my window. I couldn’t see anything from my room, so I went upstairs
and looked out from another windows. I still couldn’t see anything.
So, with a little trepidation, I went outside to see what it was. I
looked down, and what did I see? Zippy, the wonder turtle trying to
open my window!

I mentioned back on the 16th that zippy escaped. Now she’s come
crawling back. I wouldn’t recommend it, but if you take a fat red-
ear slider turtle that likes to wander, stick her in a bucket in
the middle of the back yard for a few hours, let her take a 10-day
travel excursion, I’m sure she’ll be knocking at your window when
she’s done.

Go figure.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Don’t forget to read us at www.marytsjotd.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home