c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

eBay and... I'm Late!

******************************************************************
Welcome to: Marty's Joke of the Day

If you'd like to receive daily emails from us,
send a blank email to martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or
visit us at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/martysjotd

******************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doing business on eBay can be a hazardous undertaking. Case in
point; I was talking to my sweet wife on the phone today. All of a
sudden she said, "SON #4 GET BACK HERE!" "YES, RIGHT NOW!" "HEY!"
Then she said, "I gotta go!" and hung up the phone.

Of course I called back 3 minutes later to find out exactly what
happened. She (breathlessly) said, "The UPS guy delivered some
painting canvases just before you called the first time. While I
was on the phone with you, he was driving off. Son #4 decided he
wanted to chase him down." [Hmm... I've seen dogs do that before.]

When my sweet ask him, "What were you doing?!" he said, "I wanted
some too." [packages from the UPS guy].

On the way back into the house he said, "Mom, that was a cool
truck"

Yes, folks, eBay can be dangerous.

And... Enjoy today's Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Speaking of eBay, check out the sheet of dollar bills I have
up for auction on eBay at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3932924438

p.p.s. Remember, to read `just the stories' go to
http://martysjotd.blogspot.com

p.p.p.s. Forgive spelling and gramatical errors today. I'm doing
this before choir practice tonight (so I can get some sleep) and
I'm late! I hate being late... ciao

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

I'm not sure about red-ear slider turtles, but box turtles
typically spend their entire lives within 125 yards of their
birthplace.
~Harlins

[Ahh... I think I forgot to tell you'all that red eared sliders are
turtles (as opposed terrestrial, or land tortoises). They live in
water. So 10 days out of water is quite an achievement.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home