c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

What's under your pillow - Proctalgia

******************************************************************
Welcome to: Marty's Joke of the Day

If you'd like to receive daily emails from us,
send a blank email to martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or
visit us at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/martysjotd

******************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, September 21, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Son #3 came up to me today and said, “Dad, did you know that if you
put candy under your pillow at night, there will be money under it
when you wake up?” “Oh,” I said. “Who did you hear that from?”
Knowing full well it had to be from another 7-year-old boy at
school. “Oh, my friend so-and-so told me. He did it last night.”
Yup, I was right.

“The only think I know of that works, is when you put a tooth under
your pillow, and the tooth fairy comes by.” I said. “Oh yeah, he
pulled his tooth out last night too. Will you pull my loose tooth
out for me?”

Now he’s missing his two front teeth and I have to look for one of
those ‘golden’ dollar he loves.

The things we do...

Oh, BTW, I signed up for a ‘Medical Terminology’ class at work.
Doesn’t have much to do with computer support, but I figure it
might come in handy sometime. We’re supposed to learn 350 medical
terms in the next 8 weeks. Words like Blepher- means eyelid, cardi-
means heart, -itis means inflamed, hepat- means liver. Then we put
them together hepat-itis is inflamed liver. Etc. Today we put
proct- and algia together. (pain in the butt) So if someone bugs
you tomorrow, just tell them they’re a proctalgia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home