c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, December 04, 2006

12/4 - Update with pix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, December 04, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big *sigh*
Things are going pretty well. Son #4’s vitals are really
good, his O2 is at 97% or better, and he’s sleeping. I’ve
put a few before and after pictures on the website.
(http://martysjotd.blogspot.com) They said everything
looks really good, and after his ½ dose of morphine wears
off, and he wakes up a bit more, he’ll probably get out
of the PICU and go to his own room. I think they called
his surgery a Cranioplasty. Whatever it is, he’s got a
lot of dressing on his head. Anyway, the lights are down,
we’ve got on some quiet new age music going, and both
kids in the room are sleeping. So, I’m going to catch a
few winks in my chair while my sweet wife snores in the
chair/bed next to me.

Marty



"BEFORE" goofing around before surgery


"BEFORE" in the police car he rode to surgery with


"AFTER"

3 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the extra updates today, Marty. I think there's been a lot of people waiting for news of little Jimmy. Hope you & your wife were able to get some good sleep at the hospital. God bless. Ruth (UK)

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless you, I went through a similar situation with my husband about a year ago. It must be so much harder to deal with it with your child. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Jodi FL

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are Praying for Jimmy.
    (Bartimai Home, Ahmedabad, India)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home