c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

11/08 - Celebrate a day early?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16/33 Still = 48%!

Happy voting day.

Most of Son #4’s hair on the left side of his head came out over
the weekend. It may or may not eventually grow back...

It was bound to happen. Yesterday they told my sweet wife that the
anesthetists had a meeting this morning, so she was to come in for
son #4’s radiation treatments an hour later then usual. But, when
she got there, they said that the radiation machine was broken.
They were trying to fix it, but said it may take awhile. After an
hour of waiting, they told her that the next anesthetists wouldn’t
be available until 2:30, so they said she could go home for the
day. Son #4, lay on the floor and said, “I want my radiation!”
I hope he doesn’t get too mad when he’s done with all treatments!

Poor Katie, son #4’s “forever tumor friend”. She missed yesterday
so they said she shouldn’t miss today, and said she had to wait
until this afternoon for her treatments. Not too bad, until you
realize these kids can’t eat anything before their treatments
because of the anesthesia.

We had planned to go out for dinner tonight to celebrate son #4’s
“half way day”. But because it didn’t occur, I thought we were
going out as a family tomorrow night. I quickly found out I was
wrong. So we went to Lone Star Steak house. (Where you can feed
steak to a family of 6, with coupons and “kids eat free Tuesdays”,
for less than $25!) After we were done eating, it looked like son
#1 and I we were going to be late for Scouts. The rest of the
family had gone to the van while I waited at the table with son #4
for the check. He was finishing up his ice cream, and still had a
lot left. After I signed the check, I said in a hurried tone,
“Son, we’re really late for Scouts tonight. You can either stay
here and eat your ice cream, or come with me now. But I’ve got to
go.” He frowned and looked at me with big sad eyes and said,
“Ok... Have fun...”

I back peddled a bit, and waited for another two bites before we
ran out to the van together. I guess I gotta watch what I say to
the kids ‘eh?

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

[I forgot to put in these comments from our good neighbor
yesterday. We borrowed some butter for those Sunday night dinner
potatoes.]

Let's see, 50 pounds of potatoes, Roast Beef Sunday dinner, we
just live next door - - yeh, sounds good to me - - yummy...

Oh, darn - - I just realized that was last Sunday, not this
comming Sunday !!!

It's like we were there - - our butter was there - - the boys came
over and borrowed some butter for your baked potatoes - - You know
they could have invited us over and we could have brought the
butter - - of course you did return double the quantity of the
butter you borrowed, I guess we did make out okey after all!
LaMonte H. (Justin’s Dad)


Marty, you have a beautiful family and I will definitely keep you
in my prayers.
Diane W.
[Thank you Diane]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home