c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, June 27, 2005

And, with a flip of a coin...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, June 27, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday when I got home I said, “I’m starved, what’s for dinner?” My
sweet wife gave me a blank stare, and one of the kids walked up and
took my attention. A few minutes later I asked the same thing,
“What’s for dinner?” Again, a blank stare. I thought, ‘uh oh. What
did I do now?’ Then she sheepishly said, “I thought it was date
night?” Oh, yeah. That’s what I forgot.

We got the set up for dinner and got in the car. “Where do you want
to go?” I asked. She said, “Oh, I don’t care.” I was so hungry and
didn’t want to play the sit-in-the-driveway-and-figure-out-where-
to-go game so I said, “Pick a number between 15 and 20”. “19” she
said. I took out a coin and told her to write down LEFT or RIGHT,
for each different flip of the coin. We pulled out of the driveway
and turned right. Then left, left, right, and so on. Once we got to
a stop light, I told her only to tell me when to turn at another
stop light.

And so it was. We picked a restaurant I haven’t been to for years
and years. It was something different, and we had fun...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

TATTOO OF THE YEAR!




=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Imagine my embarrassment when you (yawn) stayed up late Monday to
do jotd, and gave me the credit. Then I didn't even look for 5
days. There is an explanation, though. I did look for jotd on
Monday, but because it was late I went to bed before it came...
...But here I am, bright and early (?) Friday, catching up. Love,
Mom #1.

[From Reader Don on Tue: How does #1 Mom come up with all the
really good ones?]

P.S. My ability to come up with the best started when I began
having kids (yes, it began with your older sister, Marty) and has
stuck with me since then. Some people are just LUCKY!!
Mom #1

[So, you’re saying that Sister #1 is a good joke?? Oh, shame on you
mom!]

I will second the part about little brothers being annoying - I had
two......
~Your Sister #1

[I was never annoying? Was I?? (he said sheepishly), And did you
hear what mom just said about you??]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home