c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I Scared you to death...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, not much to write about today. When I got home from work today,
the minivan was gone, and no one was at home. I walked around
looking to see if anyone was home, but I couldn’t find anyone. I
called my sweet wife on her cell phone and said, “where are you?”

She said, “I’m just pulling into the driveway.”

I asked, “Where were you at?”

She said, “At the dollar store. Son #2 broke his glasses again so I
got an eyeglass repair kit.”

I said, “Ok” and hung up.

Then I ran to the front door and waited. Son #1 walked through the
door and I growled at him and scared him good. Then I grabbed him
into the house and shut the door, then I looked at him and said,
“Shh...” I did the same thing to son #2 and #3 as they walked in
about 15 seconds from each other. I shut the door again and figured
I didn’t want to scare son #4, because it would probably damage his
brain and he’s turn out to be a serial killer or something. So I
waited for my sweet wife to walk in. The 3 quiet boys and I could
see though the glass that son #4 was ringing the door bell, but I
didn’t answer it. When my sweet wife came in, just ahead of son #4,
I got her good too! Son #4 walked in after her with a big pout on
his face. My sweet wife said, “What’s wrong?” He said, “I wanted
Daddy to scare me too...”

I guess being a serial killer is genetic, not environmental...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

WOW! I was at you blog site and saw the family picture. I clicked
"view full size" and you guys still looked kinda' small. Good job
on losing all that weight!
Uncle Butter

[It’s the lighting...]

>human rights symbol
Surely you jest!!!
Kay L.

[No, Jesting would denote that this was a humorous joke site. We
all know that’s not true. And, don’t call me Shirley. (big grin!)]

How do the boys sign up for the "Black 'Power' Rifle Shooting"
event??
~LaMonte H.

[You are the only one who caught that. Not even my mom said
Anything! (But if I ask, she’ll say, ‘Oh, I was just trying to be
nice’) But, you pose an interesting question...]

I have a comment to make about the lost Boy scout. Having an
eleven-year old brother, I know from experience, even though it may
not be true with this particular person, but I say that getting
lost was not all the leader's fault. The kid had something to do
with it, I'm pretty sure.
~13-year-old sis of an annoying 11-year-old brother Megan L.

[All 11-year old brothers are like that... I had one. As a matter
of fact, he’s still a little annoying! (grin)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home