c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Boy it's late...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, June 20, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I wasn’t going to do an issue tonight, but I kept hearing my #1
mom in my ear saying, “But I miss the JOTD, especially if you miss
Monday when I haven’t read your notes for 3 days!”...

Ok, ok, Mom. BECAUSE I had such a great Father’s day dinner at your
house yesterday, I’ll do a quick issue. So, here goes.

For family night tonight, we headed to a local amphitheater to see
‘South Pacific’. Since it was family night, they charged $25 for
the whole family. Such a deal. Anyway, I son #4 has never seen a
play, and I don’t think son #3 has. The boys’ Aunt’s brother was
Billis in the play. He stole the show. He was a much better actor,
by far, then any one else in the production. Anyway, I don’t think
the little ones have seen a play before, because son #3 made a
comment on the way home; “Mom, did they really kiss?” and before
that, during intermission, son #4 and I walked around behind the
stage where his Aunt’s brother was. Son #4 pointed at him and said,
“I saw you in the movie!”

Sorry so short, time for bed!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hey Marty, could you come over next door and help me climb out of
this big hole in my yard - - don't know where it came from, it just
showed up recently.
~LaMonte, Your Neighbor

[that’s where the dirt to fill our hole came from!]

Hey Marty,
Since you're involved in Scouting, I was wondering if you know the
scout from Park City that is lost. [see www.sltrib.com/ci_2812524 ]
Thanks!
James G.

[No, I don't. But I'm really wary of taking boys up there for
campouts anymore... *sigh*]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home