c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Stage Fright

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, January 24, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our church has a lay ministry. Or, and unpaid clergy. So, most
people who attend are asked to volunteer time for one of the many
jobs available. For example, I teach the 12 and 13-year-old boys,
while my kids are taught in other classes. It works out pretty
well. There are other jobs too. My sweet wife is in charge of the
congregational music. She arranges for the different hymns to be
sung, and has a special musical number most weeks. I guess she felt
that if she were asking others to do sing and play the piano, that
our family ought to have a turn too. Now I’ve done enough singing
in front of others that it didn’t bother me, but my boys were not
happy. So we picked a simple song that everyone knew, and gave it a
shot. At the pulpit, there’s about a two and a half foot wall that
extends on either side. While we were up there singing, son #4 was
on our far right. About half way through the song, I saw some of
the congregation snickering. A couple of the teenage girls were even trying to stifle laughs. Later, I asked some of the parents
what happened. Son #4 had stood there looking around, not singing,
then caught the eye of someone in the congregation. They said he
very slowly sunk down below the wall, where no one could see him.
Then, a few seconds later, he slowly raised his head up to his
chin, looked around, then slowly lowered it again. He did it one
last time, but first he put his 8 little fingers on top of the wall
for about 15 seconds. Up, then down. Then it was over. At least for
another year or so...

Kind of reminds me when son #3 was his age. He did the eyebrow
dance in front of everyone.
( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/martysjotd/message/407 )

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home