c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Bloody smooches

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday is Scout night. Son #1 and I went over tonight, and the
troop talked about a campout we’re having in a couple of weeks. We
talked about required merit badges, and other Scout stuff. Then we
ended up playing basketball in the gym. I decided it couldn’t hurt,
so I joined ‘em.

On a fast break, one of the kids tripped on another boy’s foot, and
fell head first, right into my lip. Ouch. I lay on the floor for a
couple of minutes, bleeding, not knowing weather I should get up or
not. I figured for dramatic effect, I ought to stay down. Everyone
came and looked and said, “wow, that’s a huge lip”. It is pretty
big. I’m not sure if I bit through it, or if it just feels that
way.

So, it was home and an ice pack for me. Son #4 was fascinated with
my fat lip. So just before bedtime I asked him if he wanted to kiss
me good night. “NO Daddy! It’s bleedy.”

Of course, I chased him around the house making kissing noises.

My kids are ~so~ going to need therapy when they grow older...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home