c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hey, are you busy a week from Saturday?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’ve been in the Boy Scouts doing one thing or another for over 25
years. The other night, I had one of the ‘higher ups’ call me up
and say, “We’re just checking our records, and wonder if you’ve
been trained as a Scout leader.” I told him I didn’t remember, but
more than likely I had been. He asked when, and I said, “I don’t
remember exactly. A few years ago I guess.” That wasn’t the right
answer. He said, “Well, they’re requiring leaders to be trained
ever two years now.” He gave me the information on when and where
the meeting was. I thanked him and was about to hang up. Then he
said, “Oh, by the way, we’d like you to present part of the
material during the training. I’ll be over Wednesday to bring you
all of the information for your presentation.”

I wonder how he knew I was thinking of things to do a week from
Saturday? Well, I guess that’s one way to make sure your audience
will be there...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. My #1 mom came over to dinner tonight. “Hey, what’s up with
the JOTD?” I said, “Nothing, why?” She said, “Well, you haven’t
been doing a lot of issues lately.” I defended myself saying, “I
did skip a few around Christmas, but I did my normal 4 issues last
week.” Then I remembered that I, yes even the owner of this list,
got a “your email bounced” notice from YahooGroups a few weeks ago.
It didn’t affect how I send the emails, but I wasn’t getting them
in my mailbox. YahooGroups will kick you off the list so fast it
will make your head spin. So, if you do get bumped off for any
reason, and you want back on, just send a blank email to
martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo will send you a
confirmation email that you just hit reply and send, and you should
be back up and running.

Good luck!

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty.. a friend of mine at Church has a little fella about #4's
age.. and he does the same thing about the Christmas decorations.
He gets so upset, she has to wait til he's not looking and take
down a little at a time or he goes hysterical on them. They
actually keep a small Christmas tree up in his room all year round.
Go figure!!
~debi~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home