c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Turkey Day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, November 25, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Thanksgiving!

Because it’s Thanksgiving, and before all of the turkey jokes
begin, I wanted to tell you some things I’m thankful for...

First, and foremost, I’m thankful for a great sweet wife. She
treats me like a King even when I act like a commoner. She is such
a stalwart spouse, even when life isn’t fun or glamorous. Thanks
honey!

I’m thankful for Yahoo Groups. Where I have an outlet to share my
family experiences and hopefully make you smile. I’m thankful that
I have a place to write my family history for my great
grandchildren. And, I’m grateful that that you put up with Yahoo’s
ads, to make it free.

I’m thankful for my boys, who teach me so much about life. It’s so
strange to see yourself in their words and deeds.

And last but not least, I’m thankful for your ‘atta boy’ emails
that keep me going after almost 5 years of writing.

Thanks!

Now, I’ve got some turkey to cook!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s.
Here’s something scary I ran across yesterday
“Declaration of Independence Banned at California School”
Teacher barred from using it because it refers to God
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6911883

Teacher sues for right to use documents
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1124041declar1.html


I just don’t get it...

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

from 1 parent to another...re; thanksgiving & Christmas
traditions........& aches/pains from wrestling.....take lots of
pics now because as soon as son #1 hits puberty ALL will change.
there's a 'trickle down' therory that will effect the other 3 &
not only will the 'good ole days' never be the same, but you'll
spend the next 15yrs transitioning as the rest of the nest goes
through their changes, too........& before ya know it #4 will be
off to collage in some other state & decide to spend the holidies
there instead of coming home....weather will also be a
factor...........so start prepping mentally NOW…
~linda w.

[Oh, thanks. Just what I needed... (grin)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home