c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

11/30 - Smooth Talker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, November 30, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s amazing the things that little ones pick up. When our ship
pulled in to Ensanada Mexico, we got off and started shopping at
the street vendors. (I don’t think I’ve ever bought so much
chicklett gum from little kids in my life!) I had looked at
several polished wood turtles and decided I wanted to buy one. I
had priced them at several places, and knew they started about
$20. ($10 after bargaining with the locals...) Son #3 made a deal
on a hand made hammock for $10, and I wanted one of the turtles
the same shop owner had for sale. After several deal attempts,
refusing, walking away, and then being called back, we finally got
the hammock and turtle pair for $17. I felt like I was a pretty
good deal maker.

As we walked back to the ship we were stopped by a very old
gentleman who had a horse and carriage. He asked us (in Spanish)
if we wanted to ride. I asked how much, and he spoke so quickly
(or I was listening too slowly) that I didn’t understand what he
said. I kept saying, “no entiendo” (I don’t understand). He
finally said, “diez y cinco” and held up 10 fingers, then 5
fingers. I said, “Oh, ok. Fifteen dollars, right?” He smiled a
quick toothy grin and nodded ‘yes’. Son #4 yelled, “No! Ocho!”

Everyone laughed. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to take a
carriage ride or I would have loved to use son #4 as my
translator!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

P.S. Son #4 has another surgery on Monday morning.
We’re asking if you would keep us in your prayers and
even fast for son #4 and his doctors this Sunday. Thanks!


_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

My friend, an ex-Marine Aviator wanted to show off his new twin-
engine plane. I was riding along as he put it through its paces.
Suddenly, we were caught in a violent thunderstorm, with lightning
crashing all around us. Next, we lost the radio and most of the
instruments. As we were being tossed around in the sky, George
said, "Uh-oh!" Fearing the worst, I asked, "What's wrong now?"
George replied, "I got the hiccups. Do something to scare me."


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

The attorney for whom I work as a legal secretary was handling the
disposition of a will. Because of the size of the estate involved,
we spent several days on paper work with the widow. Afterward, my
boss wearily remarked that settlement of the estate had entailed
an unusual amount of effort. "Yes, it did," said the widow,
sighing. "You know, sometimes I just wish that John hadn't died."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The press was interviewing a sensational new baseball shortstop.
The trouble was, the guy spoke so quietly no one could here him.
One of them finally asked the coach, "What's the matter with him?"
"Nothing at all," replied the coach. "That's just the way the
rookie mumbles."

=-=-=-

Little Johnny had been misbehaving and was sent to his room. After
a while he emerged and informed his mother that he had thought it
over and then said a prayer. "Fine", said the pleased mother. "If
you ask God to help you not misbehave, He will help you." "Oh, I
didn't ask Him to help me not misbehave," said Little Johnny. "I
asked Him to help you put up with me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home