c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, November 13, 2006

11/13 - High Caliber Entertainment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, November 13, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started working 4 x 10’s this week, which necessitates me
getting into work a couple of hours earlier. Today I rode the
train and found an interesting fact. The caliber of people who
ride the train between 6:00 & 6:30 in the morning is a lot
different than those who ride between 7:30 & 8:00. Since this
train goes directly to the University, there are a lot of
younger folks who ride the 7:30 train. There’s colorful hair,
spiked jewelry through the lips and face, and all manner of
dress. But on the 6:00 train, there are more professional
looking folks. There are people who work at the University and
Children’s hospital, people in suits and ties or medical scrubs.
These folks know each other too; when people get on at different
stops, there is always a, “Hi, how was your weekend?” type
conversation.

Today I sat next to 3 ladies. I pretended to be really sleepy
and close my eyes. Ok, I wasn’t pretending... They all talked
about their weekend. One lady held a get together and the others
talked about church on Sunday. The first lady also talked about
her Saturday trip to get her nails done. When she got there,
they asked her if she wanted her toes done too. She said she
couldn’t decide, but that they had convinced her to get them
done. She told the other two that they did a really great job.
The other lady asked her what designs they did. She tried to
tell them, but ended up looking at me and said, “Excuse my foot”
and took her shoe and sock off. The other 2 ogled her new fancy
toe nails.



Ok, maybe the caliber of people isn’t that different...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Don’t tell my sweet wife they take off their cloths on this
train, I might have to walk to work!

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I had worked late, and my Labrador was so overjoyed to see me
arrive home that he jumped up just as I leaned down. Our heads
collided, and I sported an impressive shiner for several
weeks. I had to repeat frequently to co-workers and friends how
I came by it, and one day on the elevator, a secretary whom I
hadn't seen for some time looked at my black eye and exclaimed,
"My goodness, what happened to you?" "The dog did it," I wearily
replied. A man standing next to us looked over at me and
said knowingly, "Ahh, you must own a boxer."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

"I guess you know, President Bush met with the President of
China at the White House. The President of China gave President
Bush a traditional Chinese gift, a pirated bootleg copy of
"Mission Impossible 3" two weeks before it comes out."
--Jay Leno

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Rummaging through her attic one day, my friend Kathryn found an
old shotgun. Unsure how to dispose of it, she called her
parents. "Take it to the police station," her mother suggested.
My friend was about to hang up when her mom added.... "And,
‘Kathryn?" "Yes, mom?" "Call them first and let them know you're
coming."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home