c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

11/01 - Sid'down and Watch the game!

12/33 = 36% - 21 more treatments to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week my boss got a couple of sets of Utah Jazz basketball
tickets. It was for their final pre-season game, and the tickets
were for the 8th row in the lower bowl. They were awesome seats.
They were right behind the home team players bench. It was a great
game (but we lost of course) and my sweet wife and I had a great
time. I also got to sit on the aisle, which proved lucrative in
the stuff catching/grabbing & getting category. I got a t-shirt and
a soft mini-basketball. My co-worker, who got the other set of
tickets, said he wants to sit on the aisle next time.

There certainly were a lot of people going up and down the stairs
in front of us during the game. I guess they were used to sitting
in this section and weren’t as excited to watch the game. In the
first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter, I counted 42 people walking in
front of me. One attractive lady walked up and down 4 times with
her son. The last time she stopped right in front of me, looking
at something several rows behind me. After several seconds I said,
“Up or down. Make up your mind!” She didn’t look at me, or say a
word, but just walked up the stairs. Several seconds later the guy
behind me kicked my seat, smiled and sarcastically said, “You can
say that to her, that’s Andrei Kirilenko’s wife.” (A supposed
star, who only did fair last year, and doing worse this year.)

Hmm... but she’s just ‘people’ too. And besides, I was just trying
to get the best out of the tickets for my employer. (grin)

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I put some pictures of Son #4 and his ‘forever’ tumor friends
we met at the hospital, taken Halloween morning, on the blog site.
Click Here


Son #4
CJ and
Katie

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty, “He's My Son” is a beautiful song. The first time I heard
it a couple of years back I cried and cried. I've heard it many
times since and it still makes me weep! And it's very true! Son #4
is very much in my prayers as are you, your sweet wife and the
other boys!
Shannon in Nevada

[Thanks Shannon! I even bought his CD last week.]

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

[Ed. Note]
I got an email from a friend today. It was a “Petition to Ban
Religious Broadcasting.” Perhaps I’m too cynical, or maybe I’ve
been doing the email thing for too many years, but I quickly saw
it for what it was; an obvious urban legend. ( See it here )
Anyway, what I thought was funny about the email, was the 495
signatures and cities that were listed on the ‘petition’. How would you
like to have your name and city listed on an email, going around the
internet, for months or even years, stuck on a hoax email? I’d
laugh, but I feel sorry for these folks.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the pics!!!!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for sharing the pictures they are great. really lets you know how long it really has been.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home