c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

10/20 - Shave and a hair cut - 2 bits!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, October 20, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/33 = 12% - 4 down, 29 treatments to go

Usually we don’t buy shaving cream in our house. Not because I
don’t shave, but because I think it’s a waste of money when I
can drag a wet razor across my face and get the same result with
or without the stuff. But, the other day I heard on the radio
that if you take some shaving cream and smear it on your mirror
before you take a shower, it will keep the fog away. So, I asked
my sweet wife to get a can.

She told me the other day that son #4 had pulled the can down
from the counter, put shaving cream on his face, and walked out
of the bathroom “shaving” his face with a toothbrush. My sweet
wife smiled and said, “Why are you shaving your face with a
toothbrush?” he said, “Because I’ll cut myself if I use one of
dad’s razors.”

Well duh.

2 bits!



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

Treatment update: Another non-eventful day. We saw our 2 new
friends in the waiting room today and compared notes again. We
went into the hospital a little early, and I ended up going to
work about 10 minutes late. That may work out pretty good. No
problem with his red ear today. They said his ear may have been
folded under the mask yesterday.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi, Marty & gang--
Thinking of you and praying for #4 muchly...our G-bone hates
when Daddy doesn't come to the hospital, but after a full year
of there & back he just can't come every time...he knows how you
feel about that one. I don't like it much either! ; ) By now
you're down one more treatment...any grand fandango planned for
the end, something to look forward to (other than the bliss of
"done"?)? Have fun with the pumpkins--with 125 lbs of pumpkin,
hope you all love pumpkin seeds!
best,
~Kristin

[Good question. Does anyone have any (cheap?) suggestion on what
to do in 6 more weeks when son #4 is done with radiation?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home