c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, October 24, 2005

10/24 - Dr. #4, Paging Doctor #4...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, October 24, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[I was a little down in the dumps last night and asked my #1 mom
to write today’s issue because she witnessed it first hand. She
went to son #4’s fifth treatment on Friday. In her words...]

Son #4 decided that for Halloween he wanted to be a neurosurgeon,
so his mom ordered him a set of scrubs, a surgeons cap and a lab
coat on e-bay. When they arrived, he wanted to wear the scrubs and
hat to the hospital for his radiation therapy. (He left the lab
coat at home as that was his "costume").

Since they had been at registration several times, the clerk knew
who Mom and #4 were, and when she saw them come in she went over
to inform them of some "rule changes". From time to time she came
out from behind the desk and talked to them. After a few "visits"
she bent down to #4 and said "You look just like a little
doctor!" He looked at her with disdain and said "Well, Yeah!" It
was just like the "duh" in a blond joke. The whole waiting room
erupted with laughter. That’s just what everyone needed.

[Thanks Mom!]

You can see a picture of son #4 getting his PICC line dressing
change sometime last week, with his scrubs on, at our blog site at
www.martysjotd.blogspot.com

And speaking of eBay, my sweet wife has some miniature paintings
up for bid on eBay here.

And, for those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

Doctor #4

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

the King Arther store is actually the "Wife of Bath's Tale" from
the CAntiburry Tales. I wrote a Parody of it in high school!
~Bro. In Law #1

plant the pumpkin seed & grow your own for next year. Have a great
day I must run
~Kobus B.

Marty,
how is the little guy doing? I think of you all often and send
you my good thoughts. Guess what? I got a joke from a friend
here in Marin. She had gotten it from your Joke of the Day
website!! I told her I am related to 'Marty' of Marty's Joke of
the Day! She was impressed!! Love to you,
~My 1st Cousin once removed Daria

[I’m impressed too! (#4 is hanging in there...)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home