c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

10/04 - No thanks, Pepperoni gives me gas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember when I was a young adult listening to Bill Cosby’s
skits. One of my favorites is when he talked about growing up
and his dad always said, “C’mere, pull my finger.” I was in a
strange mood awhile back and taught son #4 the ‘trick’. He
enjoyed it more than I thought he would. I guess that’s just on
a 4-year-old level. Anyway, I think he’s taken it to a new
level. He’s obviously trying to work this thing to his
advantage.

Tonight at the dinner table he asked to pull my finger. I didn’t
want to pay the dollar ‘penalty’ into the pizza jar, so I smiled
and declined. But, through dinner he kept at it, “Dad, let me
pull your finger.” Finally I asked him why he wanted to and he
said, “So you put a quarter in the jar.” (He didn’t realize its
25¢ for adults and a buck for adults) I replied, “Why do you
want me to put a quarter in the jar?” He said he wanted me to
buy a 25¢ medium one-topping pizza from Pizza Hut. I guess he’s
been watching too much TV.

But I love Pizza Hut pan pizza. Can you blame the kid?

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty



"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today
is a gift. That's why we call it the present."
~Babatunde Olatunji

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hey Marty: Getting tired? Just reading Monday's issue and
thought the jokes sounded familiar -- you put all three in the
September 23 issue. Don't worry, I'm sure we all forgive you.
You've got alot on your plate right now. :-) About the
decadron: my dad was on that when he had a brain tumour. He had
alot of the same side effects. I guess unlike your garden
variety antibiotics, where you usually don't get the side
effects, these more powerful drugs have equally more
powerful side effects. And there's no escaping them. Thank you
for keeping us informed of how Son #4 is doing. You have a
beautiful family and you're in my thoughts daily. I pray for
good health for Jimmy and continued strength for your family.
Warm regards,
Kathleen G.

Am I experiencing a little bit of de ja vu? I could have sworn I
read these exact same jokes earlier yesterday (or at least
sometime in the recent past). I could just be going insane. Hope
things are going swell with the fam damily!
~Katrina A

These were sent already?
09/23/05
Need new ones
Erich V.

[Well, at least they were spelled correctly. Twice! (Grin)]

Just checking in...see today has been rough..want you to know I
am thinking of you..hang in there, you are not alone.
Mary Alice D.

[Thanks Mary!]

1 Comments:

  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, is it 25¢ for adults? Or 25¢ for adults?

    :-)

    >(He didn’t realize its
    25¢ for adults and a buck for adults)

    -Doug

     

Post a Comment

<< Home