c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Dancing Movies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight we watched one of the stupidest movies I’ve seen in a long
time. Ok, it was better than dumb and dumber, but not by much. We
borrowed Napoleon Dynamite from a neighbor who actually bought the
DVD. He warned me, “my kids loved it, but it was pretty bad”. It’s
a PG rated movie, leaning towards a G, but the plot was just a
little weird. You have to be in the right mood I guess. However,
17,000+ people give it a B+ average rating on yahoo, but I don’t
think I’d go that high. You can see the yahoo ratings and reviews
of it here. http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808529347

Anyway, near the end of the movie, there’s a scene of the main
character dancing at a high school assembly, and he does a pretty
good job. I guess son #4 liked it a lot, because when the credits
rolled, and they played music at the end, son #4 got up and did a
boogie dance for the family. We kept egging him on, so he kept
dancing. When the music stopped, he flopped down and said, “I’m
tired!”

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

I had the same thing happen when my wife gave me my phone. I
thought it was something my son was playing on the computer.
~Steve W.

OH MY GOSH.......I was reading this just now and kept hearing a
beep. I thought maybe somehow you had embedded the beep into the
email but then I realized my speakers weren't on...it was my own
cell phone whose battery was about to die! Boy, do I feel dumb :)
Keep up the good work! Reading about your boys makes me feel
better about my 5!
~Jen R.

[Ok, so I’m not crazy... (for having 4 boys...)]

Marty, I MISSED YOU!!!
you're the greatest baby! (the honeymooners) that was a good show.
To the moon, Alice! to the moon!
~Jill M.

[One of these days Alice... one of these days...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home