c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Level 2 cussing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, it was bound to happen. I am a fallible person. I know, some of
you find that hard to believe, but it’s true. (grin) I was getting
ready for Scouts tonight, and reading the Scout manual while
standing in the middle of the kitchen. My sweet wife had gone to
pick up son #1 and #3 from friend’s houses, and son #2 was setting
the table for dinner. Son #4 was being goofy and doing his kamikaze
runs at my legs while I tried to read.

On one pass, he connected. And he connected in the wrong place, and
he connected in the wrong place but good. He hit me so hard I bent
over in pain and said, “OUCH! DANG IT!” Only, I’m sorry to say
folks, I didn’t say Dang it. You get the picture. Then I yelled at
son #4 to go his room. After a couple of minutes of moaning on the
floor, I went in to talk to son #4 and told him why he shouldn’t do
that, and that I was sorry for yelling.

Now cussing is something I don’t allow in my house. And it takes a
special event for me to let loose of one. So when we were eating
dinner, son #2, who saw the whole thing, wouldn’t eat and wouldn’t
talk either. We tried to ask him what was wrong, and he wouldn’t
answer. Finally we figured it out. “Was it because daddy swore?” He
nodded his head. (Oh not, guilt. Now I’ve ruined him for life.)

So I apologized again in front of everyone. Then he said, “Dad, if
you swear, you have to pay $5 into the pizza jar.” Everyone agreed.
Except me. But they were relentless and I couldn’t argue, so it’s
official.

I guess it’s a good thing they think swearing is a bad thing. But
then again, I’d hate to think what they would have done if I’d have
let loose with one of the big swear words... Maybe I’d have to wash
my mouth out with soap. And I remember as a kid what that tastes
like.

Anyway, have a great day and...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger jexebel said…

    4 kids and no swearing? I don't belive it for a second!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home