c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

3/12 - It's all so technical...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember me? Hope so.

Ever since just before Christmas 3 months ago, I’ve been holding my breath. I haven’t been a very good husband or father, or blogger for that matter. I was really really worried about son #4’s “lit up” area on his tumor bed last MRI. Several of you wrote to say, “we miss you, how’s #4?” Today we know.

We didn’t get much sleep last night, and drove to the hospital in numbed silence, knowing what the results could be. I filled out all of the paperwork, having memorized it from the numerous times I’ve filled it out before.

The radiologist told us, “The lit up white area in his tumor bed from Decembers MRI was just... ‘technical’”. Meaning, the MRI had a glitch, the tech may have had more contrast media (stuff they put in the blood that shows up better on the MRI), or any of a hundred other variables that go on during a MRI.

So, now we can start our life again, and get things back to normal. Thanks for your prayers.

Now, how about a little hospital humor?

Enjoy today’s jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comments
I want to know how you and your family are doing. It has been a while since we have heard from you. I pray for you and your family every day. Just put out a notice that you are still around.
Claudia P.
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Patient: Doctor, I think I swallowed a pillow.

Doctor: How do you feel?

Patient: A little down in the mouth.


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

I am always getting those return address labels from charities wanting money.

The other day, I got one from an Alzheimer's group. Funny though, they forgot to put my street name on them!

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said, "I can't find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it's due to drinking."

"In that case," said the patient, "I'll come back when you're sober"

3 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    That's great news about Jimmy.

    No matter how well things are going I am always in a state when MRI time arrives.

    I get angry with myself, if my faith were strong would I stop worrying?

    Is worrying a sin?

    Like my kids, I know I'm still a work in progress, but I sometimes wonder in our situation if parenting is like the blind leading the blind.

    I'm very happy to hear the news about your boy.

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Aubrey said…

    Yay!!!! I am so glad for that! It sucks that you had to wait it out for 4 months to find that out though... Yay for #4! Congrats Marty, now you can breathe again.

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger LACY said…

    OH MY!! I am SO EXCITED for you guys!!!! That stress is KILLER. I was wondering what happened and I am so glad I read your blog today! Tell J hi from us!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home