c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Hey, what's that sound? Everybody look...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, January 03, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy New Year!

Boy, once you get out of the habit of writing the JOTD, it’s hard
to get back in. But, we’ll give ‘er a shot.

We had a great Christmas, and a happy New Year. All of the boys,
(even son #4) stayed up until Mid-night (even our time zone) to say
happy New Year. Cousin #2 stayed over, and the boys had a great
time. We were all a little crabby the next day, but not too bad.

If you remember, I started a new job with the same company about a
month ago. Well, the other day I was sitting in my office and heard
a ‘beep’ go off. I didn’t think much of it, until after about 20
minutes I finally figured out that the beeping came exactly every 2
minutes. Now, I’m in a medical facility with all sorts of Doctors
and machines stuffed all over the place. And just above my office,
on the 1st floor, is a huge CT or CAT scan machine. With all fo the
medical and computer equipment and servers around, and being the
new guy, I thought I’d better investigate. So for about the next
hour, I watched my watch, ran back to the back of my office, stuck
my head in various places and waited for the beep to go off. I
couldn’t for the life of me figure out what was making the noise. I
checked all of the PCs, the server room, the battery backups, and
all of the medical equipment I could think of. Every time I thought
I was getting close, the beep seemed to move somewhere else. It was
driving me nuts!

Finally I gave up on it and figured I’d have to live with it
awhile. As the day progressed, I needed to use the facilities. (So,
is that how do you say, “I had to go to the bathroom” nice?) I went
down the hall, turned the corner, and down another hall. It’s
actually quite a distance from my office. Now, can you imagine my
embarrassment, as I’m standing there, minding my own business, when
I hear “beep” again...

It was my cell phone, telling me my sweet wife had called almost 2
hours earlier...

C’mon, I’ve only had the phone a couple of weeks!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

May you and your family have a wonderful, blessed Merry
Christmas. I enjoy your list so much. Thanks for all the ideals you
uphold.

".. and a child shall lead them." Doesn't it make you good to know
some of what you're trying to teach your kids is sinking in? RE:
Son #3 dressing for Jesus' birth. I really get a kick out of puns,
so really enjoyed joke 3. Happy New Year.
~Linda B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home