c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Well... Duh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been a few days since I posted an issue. With family flying in
from all over, and trying to do the holiday thing, it got kind of
busy. But, we’ll sneak in an issue today.

Christmas was wonderful. It’s hard not to buy that one last ‘oh
what the heck’ present just after you get a good sized raise at
work. So, of course, we went over our budget just a ...wee... bit
this year. But, son #3 really made me feel bad. On Friday morning,
Christmas eve, I was off of work and everyone was excited about
Christmas. We had planned on wrapping last minute gifts for
neighbors and friends, and making cookies for some of the boys’
friends. Son #3 woke up, just like any other morning, only this
morning when he got dressed he got his nice pants, nice church
shirt and while I was doing some computer work, came down with one
of my black ties. “Dad, can you put this on me?” Not thinking much
about it, I turned around and tied his tie. I thought it was a
little weird on a Friday he wanted to dress up, but I was busy so I
tied it and patted him on the butt and thought ‘now go away and
leave me alone’. He went upstairs on got on his little suit coat.
My sweet wife caught a glimpse of him and said, “oh, my, you’re all
dressed up this morning. What for?”

He put his hands on his hips and said a little indignantly, “Well,
yeah mom..... The Savior’s birth???”

Oh...

We all felt a little small after hearing that.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home