c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Cold and Crafty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight before we delivered pixie stuff, I said to my sweet wife,
“You need to come along this time. You’ve stayed home the last
times we’ve gone.” So she came along. We drove up to the house, and
as the boys and my sweet wife put the gifts on the porch, I waited
in the van with son #4. (He was in his PJs and was cold).

After they rang the doorbell, they came running back to the van.
They jumped in and my sweet wife yelled, “Hurry up! I think they
were just behind the door waiting for us tonight!” The boys all
jumped in and I said, “Are you sure they were home? None of the
lights were on.” “No,” she said laughing, “But I wanted to trick
you guys so I could get back in the warm van.”

And... tonight we almost got to our door quick enough to catch our
pixie. But, the closest we got was seeing tail lights of a Blazer
or a mini van racing down the street. We might not be able to catch
them this year, but we’ll keep trying!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

...There's never a dull story that you tell about your family, so
keep it up.. Your e-mails are so enjoyable. Thanks kindly, for
things that are so up-lifting and not the terrible, ugly reports of
every day happenings..
~Catherine M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home