c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Friday, October 01, 2010

Update

I know it's been awhile since I posted, but I think I got burnt out.

Things are doing well at our house. Son #4 just had his 5 year post-treatment MRI, and we got the all-clear. Still no tumors or anything growing in his noodle that shouldn't be. Apparently survival rates go up dramatically at the 5 year mark. They're up to 78% or something. So that's good news! Last summer he started having seizures. They're trying to control them with meds, but they are starting to look at other options. So that's just another twist in our 'new' normal lives.

Lots of other stuff has happened since we last chated. We've started our own little farm, and are raising chickens. We're getting about 2 dozen eggs every day. If you've never tried fresh cage-free chicken eggs, wow, there really is a difference!

Let's see, all of the boys' grandparents have moved away, which is hard for everyone. I'm still at the same old radiology-computer-guy job, and the paychecks continue to roll in, so that's good.

And lastly, you can keep up to date on some of our goings on, at my sweet wife's blog here.

Until next time!
Marty

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home