c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

10/18 - Out like a light

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/33 = 6%. Two down, 31 more.

Not too much to talk about tonight. We did have the annual
Church talent show tonight. Son #4 liked a dance by two 9 year-
old girls of “I’ve got no strings” from Pinocchio. He watched
them really close and clapped loud. Other than that, he was
running around like a bright flame just before it goes out, or
else crying and pouting over some small thing. I think we’ll be
glad when treatments are over for this week, and he gets the
weekend to ‘recover’. He cried this morning when I told him I
had to go to work today and couldn’t go with him to the
hospital. “But, I’ll be scared dad.” *sigh* melt your heart
stuff.

The hospital has strange ways of scheduling things too. The
first morning it was 7:30, this morning was 8:30, tomorrow its
6:30. So, I think I’ll go in before work and see how it goes.
I’ll also ask them to get us a set time.

Now, it’s time for sleep.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty


=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Years ago a friends son went through this uncertainty. Even had
measles too! Treatment has improved ! Has wife and children
now. It was a long drawn out teadius process as I remember. He
broke his leg during this too! Hope # 4 is verrrrrrry careful .
Hmmm his age NOT!
Kay (crabby old auntie) no relation but I have many nephews!


I love your emails and look forward to hearing about your family
everyday! I especially enjoyed the "brothers" story. I have had
a friend for 43 years, and we had a falling out. I have sent the
story to her with hopes that I will be able to start our own
bridge. Thank you.
~Anon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home